Job Offer in Bahrein. Seeking: Business Intelligence Head – Gulf International Bank
Functional Title : Business Intelligence Head
Corporate Title : Vice President
Division : Information Technology Division
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any related field from an accredited institution
2. 7+ years, experience in Banking domain handling major Business Intelligence toolsets (e.g. IBM Cognos, Oracle OBIEE etc..), methodologies with specialization in web analytics, team creation and management, business process development and management, and strategic and tactical consulting.
3. 10 years of experience with IT Banking/Financial institutions.
4. Minimum of 3 years of strong project management and delivery experience in Business Intelligence related projects.
5. Be proficient in all aspects of BI and Information Management processes, technologies and architectures such as
a. BI delivery mechanisms,
b. BI tools such as report builders, ad-hoc queries, OLAP, dashboards, BAM (business activity monitoring), data mining and predictive modelling
c. Dimensional data modelling principles (star and snowflake schemas, denormalized data structures, slowly changing dimensions, etc)
d. Physical data architecture options such as enterprise data warehouse, data federation, hub & spoke architectures, independent data marts
e. Data integration tools and techniques such as ETL (Extract Transform Load), CDC (Change Data Capture)
f. Relevant related areas such as data quality, master data management, metadata management, collaboration and business process management
6. Strong management and leadership skills with a proactive participative management style,
7. Business analytical experience within a highly dynamic corporate environment comprising areas of IT, Finance, Risk, HR, Treasury, Admin, Retail, Wholesale, Operations etc.
8. Experience with rapid problem solving, identifying opportunities for incremental and accelerated growth, coalition building, and collaborative project execution
9. Strong attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational and able to work in fast, paced, high volume environment
Qualifications in the following areas will be considered as an added advantage.
1. Certified Project Manager
2. Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP)
Main Scope of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ability to attract, hire, retain and motivate top BI talent: business analysts and technologists
2. Lead the overall delivery of projects including the direct management of project team members
3. Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
4. Overseeing the on-going development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
5. Experience in reconciling conflicts and distinguishing user requests from underlying true needs
6. Proven skills as change agent and in organizing, planning, problem solving and communicating effectively at all organizational levels
7. Promoting the importance of data driven decision making, actionable analytics and continuous improvement
8. Evangelize and drive strategic analytics and optimization approaches across clients
9. Rapid problem solving, identifying opportunities for incremental and accelerated growth, coalition building, and collaborative project execution
10. Interact with business stakeholders to understand and prioritize scope, support business and reporting analysts to gather and document requirements, understand the details related to optional BI/reporting solutions, recommend and implement the appropriate solution that will impact growth, customer satisfaction, productivity and operational excellence
|Job Location:||Manama, Bahrain|