These days, it can be frustrating to be a jobseeker. Finding a job or internship can feel overwhelming at times. However, employers might also find it difficult to find the right talents. So, what is the best way to connect and interact with potential candidates? Simply through career-related events and UAE job fairs that are held each year and that help students explore different industries learn about career options and network with possible employers who will offer competitive internships and part-time positions or full-time employment vacancies.
UAE Career Trade Fairs and Job Expos: They are the best ways to meet industry experts, employers, and learn how to get ahead in your career. Applicants can view job postings or drop their CVs and meet employers. Employers, instead, can target candidates (students, graduates, trainees and job seekers) and even give job offers to the selected ones.
- Careers UAE—the most established recruitment, education and training event held exclusively for UAE Nationals—provides a broad spectrum of vocation development opportunities to the brightest talents across the Emirates. No other annual event brings top rated regional and multinational organizations together to meet, select and interview the sharpest Emirati minds. Careers UAE 2018 offered endless opportunities at this year’s three-day job fair. Many top companies participated in the career event. For those that missed it, do schedule for next year’s event: 19 – 21 Mar 2019 at the Dubai World Trade Centre with even more public, private and educational institutions taking part of this career fair. For more details, visit its official website (http://www.careersuae.ae/).
- TAWDHEEF is the region’s leading Emiratization exhibition that focuses on Recruitment, Career Development and Entrepreneurship. Unfortunately, this event has also already taken place from 29 – 31 January 2018 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre but is scheduled to return next year (Date: TBA).
- 3rd National Service Fair 2018, a 3-day event organized by the National Service (NSR) from 25th March to 27th March 2018 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Centre (ADNEC) in Abu Dhabi, was a platform to create job opportunities for army recruits (Organized by the UAE Armed Forces) in order to prepare them for the jobs they will fill in both government and private sectors. It offers service members priority in obtaining jobs due to their capabilities, so look for future editions.
- NAJAH Al Ain, Education & Career Fair (31 October – 2 November 2018) is the only event of its kind focusing on higher education, training and career opportunities. NAJAH is the ultimate educational hub for driving student recruitment activities in the UAE.
Why attend annual career fairs? These events provide the means to interact with potential hires in-person and position yourself as an Employer of Choice!
- Jobs Abu Dhabi (JAD) – efair is an e-Government initiative and a comprehensive online job market establishing connections and engagement between job seekers and employers.
- Eliqaat – This prolific UAE-based organization that connects job seekers and employers in the region offers a platform that provides job seekers the option to run a job-search using powerful filters.
- Bayt’s Virtual Job Fair – frequently hosts virtual job fairs across Dubai that offer interacting with the exhibitors and the possibility of applying to relevant job vacancies.
- vFairs [UAE branch (+971) 55.623.2529] uses a platform for a more personalized applicant experience which runs on the cloud to help ‘Connect Employers with Job Seekers via Virtual Job Fairs.’ The interactive experience also offers an easy to use job board for job seekers to search relevant positions and post applications. “Due to the benefits that are reaped from the virtual fairs platform, such as reduced costs, larger talent pools, and higher [return on investment], many organizations and businesses in the UAE and across the region have chosen to [join virtual job fairs] for their hiring needs,” Muhammad Younas, general manager of vFairs.com, told Gulf News.
Nowadays, virtual job fairs cater to an increasingly internet-based job market and have come to be a great alternative to the in-person experience, as the events are accessible to everyone, not just to candidates that can be present at a certain location.
How about those looking for internship experiences? Well, there’s InternsME, UAE’s largest internship job website, for example, which is a great source with companies who are looking for talented interns and to fill part-time and graduate roles. This helps to open doors for the next big opportunity to put your degree to work in a new job!
UAE Career Fairs Bring Changes to the Employment Market and are in line with the government goal of support of Emirati youth. Job-seekers ready for a new Career in UAE can look forward to job fairs to provide an ideal platform to come face-to-face with recruiters and hiring managers from leading employers.