Job Offer in Jordan. Seeking: Database and IT Support Officer – International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Amman Delegation Office
Syrian refugees support operation in Jordan / IFRC Amman
Since the beginning of the unrest in Syria at the start of 2011, Jordan has received over 600,000 Syrians fleeing the conflict and many more are coming daily. Though Jordan has left its borders, officially, open to Syrians and has a favorable protection climate but influx of the refugees is low at the moment.
IFRC had launched a preliminary appeal to support National Societies in Lebanon, Iraq and Jordan in their assistance to Syrian refugees. The regional appeal has now been revised with scaled up activities of the operations. In case of Jordan, the revised appeal intends to help around 124,000 people (both Syrian refugees and some poor local Jordanians) with various relief items, cash, livelihood support and medical services that require more human and financial resources, hence this position has been created to support the effective implementation of the cash transfer program which is one of the major components of the current emergency appeal.
The Database & IT Support Officer will be responsible to maintain a database to ensure accurate and accessible records of beneficiary data for the response to Syrian refugees in Jordan. Database & IT Support Officer will report to the Cash Delegate and work closely with the project officer and assistants. The Database & IT Support Officer may be required to develop and delivery training for staff and volunteers involved in the use and upkeep of the refugee database.
Database Officer is responsible for the following tasks:
• Responsible for the maintenance of the database
• Import and export beneficiary information
• Prepare beneficiary list for home visits, monitoring and distributions and cash payments
• In liaison with the Cash Delegate and project assistants, coordinate with national and international humanitarian agencies to enhance the data collection process through data comparison; and share techniques and issues with regards to the database, while respecting data protection and confidentiality of beneficiary information
• Provide regular and ad-hoc reports
• Liaise with database consultant to improve tools in the DB
• Train staff and volunteers on database functions and data entry and maintenance
• Regular back-up of data
• Carry out other IT and database related tasks as required
• Carry out other general tasks as required
• Support the Federation Delegation general IT needs
The Database Officer reports to the Cash Delegates
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|