Job Offer in Jordan. Seeking: Office Administrator – IFC
Closing date: 17 February 2014
Job number: 132378
Background / General description:
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, promotes sustainable private sector investment in developing countries as a way to reduce poverty and improve people’s lives.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Administrator will report to Country Manager in Jordan, and will be leading the administrative workforce at the Office, including the supervision of office aids, drivers and security staff. The candidate will be responsible for property management, security, office furniture, supplies and equipment inventories, contracting suppliers, service providers and public utilities providers, etc., and maintaining contacts with local authorities. The candidate will also be managing expatriate staff related issues of housing, import of personal effects, vehicles etc. The successful candidate should have high level of motivation, commitment, reliability, and outstanding interpersonal skills to interact effectively with contacts at all levels, internally and externally.
In regards to above duties and accountabilities, such activities will include, but are not limited to:
• Assist Management in managing, organizing and overseeing the effective administrative functioning of the Office.
• Coordinate and monitor work and activities to ensure management decisions and directives are properly carried out.
• Undertake floor space planning, assign space and equipment to staff, keep track of office equipment and inventory of same and organize office moves.
• Manage the effective utilization of the office building, grounds, equipment and vehicles including maintenance and renovation/construction, authorizing and arranging adequate security and maintenance, repairs and improvements, etc.
• Arrange for procurement of general office goods and services (supplies, rentals, etc.)
• Maintain liaison with local contractors and supplies concerning the provision of negotiated services such as caterers for the cafeteria and events, carpenters, plumbers, electricians for building maintenance, etc.
• Obtain necessary government clearances licenses, inspections, registrations and insurance to strictly abide by the law/ regulation of the country.
• Liaise, and to the extent possible ensure practical working arrangements with government departments, such as Customs, Police, Traffic and Protocol for official matters and for assistance to staff on official and personal matters.
• Facilitate all official aspects of expatriate staff settling in the country and related matters.
• Supervise the work of the administrative assistants to ensure the effectiveness of their work. Organize, plan and supervise the work of the travel, conference and visas; Registry, Mailing and Shipping.
• Coordinate office transport to ensure that office vehicle usage policies and procedures are adhered to, analyses the trends in maintenance/fuel costs and advise the Director, as appropriate.
• Facilitate the mission of staff and consultants visiting the country and traveling by providing the necessary briefing and logistical backstopping, including visas, entry and exist assistance.
• Act as UN security liaison officer for IFC, maintain, update, and submit monthly security files for IFC staff to UN or other designated agency directly or via IBRD. Ensure that IFC staff are registered within UN Security System.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|