Job Offer in Jordan. Seeking: Project Specialist, BAS – Amman – EBRD
SBS helps small and medium-sized businesses to grow and become genuine catalysts for their local economies by providing access to local and international experts. Some clients will benefit from investment, but SBS also strives to create healthier, more innovative and successful businesses. Through its work to improve the quality and availability of local consultancy services, SBS aims to leave behind a network of trained, experienced local consultants, and a thriving community of small and medium-sized businesses willing to pay for advice. Activities are delivered through two complementary products: Business Advisory Services (BAS), focused on narrowly-defined projects such as strategy and quality management carried out by local consultants, and the Enterprise Growth Programme (EGP), which draws on the industry expertise of international advisers over a longer period to strengthen the overall management and operations of client businesses. Each SBS project is funded by donors, including around 20 countries, the European Union and the EBRD itself. SBS clients also make a contribution to the cost, ensuring their full commitment. SBS rigorously monitors and evaluates the impact of its work. Active projects with clients are monitored at regular intervals, and one year after every project, SBS returns to the client to measure impact.
The Project Specialist connects clients to local consultants and international advisers depending on their business needs. He/she is responsible for managing resulting advisory projects, ranging from strategy and marketing, organization and operations, technology and engineering, quality and financial management to energy efficiency and environment, through the stages of conception, implementation, completion and impact evaluation. The Project Specialist directly contributes to developing and managing the SBS country portfolio of projects and managing relationships with the clients benefiting from the projects.
This is a 2 years fixed term contract.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
• Identify and pursue potential clients who meet the qualifying criteria, contributing to SBS and banking business development.
• Proactively diagnose clients business needs on site, identify priority areas for business advice and help them to identify suitably qualified consultants or international industry experts
• Together with the client and selected consultant, develop the terms of reference and project proposal in line with SBS best practices
• Apply the grant guidelines in finalising Grant Agreements with clients and assist them in negotiating underlying consultancy contracts with selected consultants or experts.
• Manage project implementation to ensure consultants deliver in accordance with the terms of reference and ensure continued client engagement to the project and prepare relevant reports in line with the project cycle, ensuring necessary supporting documentation is collected.
• Recommend project completion and subsequent disbursement of the grant to the client to the National Programme Manager/HRP;
• Evaluate completed projects in accordance with established methodology in order to assess impact and provide analytical input for further analysis;
• Identify new local consultants to recommend to the National Programme Manager for qualification andmanage relations with existing consultants and organisations, ensuring a broad pool of expertise is available for SBS projects; Implement annual consultant review and regularly monitor developments in local consultancy marketImplement marketing and visibility activities to promote SBS and the funding donor/s in the country.
• Contribute to the development of internal and donor reports in partnership with the SBS HQ team to inform donors on the progress of activities and utilisation of funding;
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|