Job Offer in Bahrein. Seeking: Safety Officer – APM Terminals Bahrain
To assist in the implementation of HSE Management System and its requirements, support day-to-day operations in the terminal and respond to local emergencies, providing professional safety support.
– To regularly monitor safety standards and procedures in the terminal, to ensure smooth running of daily shifts with regards to safety related matters.
– To assist in the implementation of HSE Management System and ensure its compliance with International Safety Standards.
– Respond to emergencies and incidents in the port, participate in oil spill or other hazardous materials clean-up and render assistance.
– To conduct routine HSE inspections to ensure Life Saving Appliances (LSA) and Fire Fighting Appliances (FFA) including pollution prevention equipment are tested and maintained to effectively respond during emergency situations.
– To assist with reporting, recording and investigating of accidents or incidents to identify conditions that cause accidents and seek actions to prevent the same.
– To record and maintain a database of all HSE inspections and investigations conducted to follow up on the identified corrective and preventive actions.
– To coordinate with Port and Local Authority bodies for mutual assistance and liaise with Civil Defense during emergencies to mitigate loss of life and damage to property.
– To ascertain toolbox talks are prepared carried out with other departments, to ensure awareness to the workforce on safety procedures.
– Conduct safety inspections of work areas and prepare reports of observed safety hazards, violation of safety rules & regulations, for improvements of safety standard.
– Investigate work related injuries with trend analysis on occupational health related incidents for effective solutions and modifications to work methods or equipment.
– Assist in conducting safety committee meetings, safety induction trainings and implementation of Emergency response plan through emergency drills.
– Perform various duties and activities related to safety and ensure safety rules are posted in conspicuous locations as per local law.
– Observe provisions of the labour regulations, relevant HSSE policy & procedures, terminal rules & procedures and contribute to the continual improvement process.
|Career Level:||Mid Career|